Monday, November 7

Trip to Paris


I am scanning old family photos of onto the computer to preserve them digitally, and I came across an old letter. or telegram. or journal entry.  By reading it is obviously written by my great grandfather Don Emery Epperson.
In the letter, Don announces some exciting news! Patti is getting married!! They had hoped she would go to college at BYU but she didn't make it.  They were planning for a September date, but moved it up to JUNE!!!! Needless to say gramma Patti never made it to college.  Fortunately she did give birth to my mom, who did go to college! And now i go to college.  Thanks gramma hope you had fun in Paris!

3 comments:

julis said...

Grandma Patti did end up taking a couple of college classes. I think she had one with Shelly (or Sherri? Wendy? hmmm maybe it was Lisa) back in Claremont, in the year or two after Grumpa's first heart attack. But I did graduate, and you will. Won't you? So thanks are indeed in order.

Timothy said...

good to know!

melissa said...

yeah, good to know. you should post mores of these types!