Friday, January 6

Is that a fair question?

I've decided to give more purpose to my blog, and correlate the content to the title of my blog.  crazy idea i know but i kinda like it. 

So the question whose fairness is in debate today is the following.  Well the following is actually a story. . .not a question. Is that fair??

So there i was.  Econ 110.  probably 600 students or so in my class, i figured there had to be a cute study buddy I could sit by to make the class more bearable right? (not the question that we will be discussing)  Anyways, no luck.  sitting alone.  bummer, but its ok its just the first day of class, but then who walks in but my cute study buddy! super cute so i'm ok, gotta figure out some way to bump into her (this is all happening in my mind in the irrational part that likes to lie to itself.  The rational part of my brain ignores her entirely because it knows that the chance of me actually making it over to her and striking up a conversation without looking like a creeper is somewhere between 3% and 0%, not counting the fact that even if i could manage to not look like a gomer, the probability that i would work up the courage to do so is less than half of those meager 3 percentiles.)
(not actual study buddy, this is only an example.)

ANYWAYS after class study buddy gets her stuff together as i walk past pretending like i didn't notice her (as the rational part of my brain smirks and snidely snarls at the irrational part "i told you so") another kid (whose rational part of the brain must have fallen asleep somewhere around game theory and the syllabus) and says to study buddy, "can i just tell you that you smell really nice?" to which study buddy replies by not replying at all and looking slightly confused, to which irrational brain boy says you just walked in and the whole room smelled way better.  By this time study buddy was able to pull herself together enough to let out an extremely forced laugh and say "ha yeah. . .thanks" finish packing up her gear and fleeing in the opposite direction, which brings me to my point, to which i am extremely grateful that the rational side of my brain realized (although in a rather snobbish manner) that,
THAT was not a fair question?

2 comments:

chelsea said...

Ohhh your blog is gonna be nice!!! NIIIICE! (Can you spell out syllables in one syllable words with a vowel? :) And the example picture of the study buddy= Perfect Hahaha study buddy 1st day scenarios are pretty great! I loved reading this story! Can I dare you to start an awkward conversation with a female study buddy with the question, "What's your favorite cut of meat?" Haha! Tonight we discussed awkward conversation starters... and your story was just the greatest cap to it all!

Good luck in Skool!

(I just did some html formatting I learned in my computer class in this post! Yay for college!)

chelsea said...

Although you can't see it, if you run your mouse over "perfect" and "good luck in" you will see that it becomes highlighed and underlined!
:O

How nerdy of me.