Thursday, January 19

Country Dancing Anyone?

Flashback:
 It's the year 2008.  I'm a freshman at Brigham Young University.  I have lots of friends.  I am not socially awkward.  My many friends invite me to go country dancing with them. I decline. They continue to invite, I laugh.

Now it's the year 2011.  I have many friends.  I am not very socially awkward.  A few of my friends invite me to go country dancing.  I decline. They persist.  I laugh.

Unflash to the yesterday:
It's 2012.  I am at BYU again.  I have a couple friends.  I suddenly am socially awkward. . . My roomies set up a date. . .We are going country dancing. . . So there i am, on a country dance floor (the building reminded me more of the elementary school gym in Dubois than a country dance floor) wishing that I knew how to country dance.  I said to myself, "self, you had like a million chances to learn how to do this  but you laughed them off.  now your date wants to go home cuz you can't dance and she knows you only went with her cuz your roommate has a crush on her roommate."  (What my date didn't know is that i also have a crush on her roommate.)  bummer.  I'm thinking this is probably the worst date i've been on since i got home. or before too.  

The good news:
She'd been on a string of unfortunate dates as of late so in comparison, this one was a delight! 

The bad news: 
That's probably not true, but it wasn't as bad as the other ones she'd been on (seeing as I didn't try to kiss her 20 times throughout the night)
Turns out her roommate who me and my roommate both are crushing on, is crushing on someone else, according to my date who may be stuck in the friends cycle with my roommate and lying so that he will notice her after 5 years of being friends. . .poor gal.  she was nice though.

Wanna Go Country Dancing So I Can Impress The Girl You And I Both Are Crushing On?

THAT is not a fair question? 

3 comments:

melissa said...

whoa that is NOT a fair question. i'd say don't do that again.

chelsea said...

Oooooooh man. I loved this! A have to agree with melissa ;)

Catherine said...

oh tim. that is unfortunate.