Friday, February 17

The "nothing" box

So in Biology today, we learned about the differences between males and females.  YES, believe it or not, there are quite a few differences! This came to a complete and utter (not a cow joke) shock to me, until i thought about life, and i realized, yes (by golly) we are different! (we're talking non physical features here people, I realized that different at a much younger age.  Everyone know that the physical difference is that boys have short hair and girls have long hair and wear ear rings.)

We watched a short humorous video that put this into perspective.  Now i'd heard this before.  It is from my life!
A long time ago (a reeeeeeally long time ago) i had a girl friend.  Now when we were together, sometimes i would stare at the wall for a short period of time and she would look at me all concerned like and caringly ask, "what're you thinking about" I would then turn and respond, "huh?" with a little less tenderness she would repeat, "what ya thinking about?" and I would explain in intimate detail, "nothing, i was just staring at the wall. sorry" and she would reply, slightly offended that I wouldn't confide in her, "no really, you can tell me.  You looked concerned about something" to which i would candidly reply "nope i was just staring at the wall. i'm good" to which she would briskly retort, " you HAD to be thinking about something!" and i, slightly confused (likely due to the fact that I had again been staring at the wall (I don't know what it is about wall that is so fascinating but it got me into a lot of trouble!!)) would reply "huh, oh no honestly i wasn't thinking about anything."  Well you can see where this conversation goes.  It lasts for another 5 or so minutes and then abruptly ends with me being hungry and us eating.  
This stroll down memory lane has been most enlightening for me. Which made me think of that old adage "an idle mind is a devils playground"
Here we see the devils playground.  I've seen worse.  

What are you thinking? 
That is not a fair question?

2 comments:

julis said...

I always feel guilty when I watch or read something about how the genders process emotions. Because I don't do the "woman things" usually. I'm good with the nothing box. and that is weird, and I know it, but I don't know what to do about it. But I'm glad you figured it out, so at least you can identify what you're doing the next time you get a girrrrrrl friend.

Timothy said...

its ok mom, you're an anomaly! and we love you anyways!