Wednesday, June 6

Do YOU have Change?

When I was LITTLE I had this issue.  It had to do with my mother and her hair, that was perfectly fine the way it was, but she had the (completely irrational and inexcusable) notion that hair should be changed from time to time.  I recall that she would at times come home with a COMPLETELY different hair color (like from dark blonde to lighter blonde) or with and inch OR TWO cut off.  this upset me.  it still does.  mom is perfect, why would you try to change her? I can't understand it.

Thus comes my fear of change complex:

Metathesiophobia

IT can be quite problematic.  They say Change is good. . .I don't know who they think they are, but change is a prickly pear cactus!   More pain than it's worth to get the life saving water from inside unless  you happen to be dying of dehydration.  Change should be avoided at all costs. . .it is the cozy comfort you feel of being a regular at a local cafe (or jamba juice in my case).  Change causes stress (new classes mixed with work might give me a hernia.)  Change is annoying (what use is a penny, really, lets be honest. they are pointless.)  Change ruins friendships and disrupts the tranquility of life (Two of my roommates' relationships are being disrupted because one or the other is moving far away for the rest of the summer.)  Change is expensive (the thought of having to buy a new car when mine dies gives me a heart attack).  Change hurts (I'd rather not discuss that one hahaha)

Change builds strength (I am soooo sore right now from working out).  Change teaches lessons (I've learned a lot lately) Change buys you a soda pop (good memories from my childhood with my sister Jocelyn sending me up the hill to the pop machine with two quarters, one for her one for me!) Change is exciting (you never know what you're gonna get).  Change helps you get to know yourself (I've discovered I like to eat vegetables.) Change can be good looking (mommy you look beautiful EVEN when you cut your hair!!) Change isn't as bad as it seems, and it's good for me.  That is why as of today, I am adopting an anti-metathesiophobic  attitude and am going to train for a half marathon! ha! whose going to stop me now!! and maybe i'll grow out my hair instead of cutting it, and maybe i'll get a nose ring, and maybe i'll become a vegetarian. . .or a carnivore. . .or maybe i'll change my major, or maybe i'll change the world! haha ok lets not get ahead of ourselves. not all change is good.  but it can be.  hmm 

do you have change? that is not a fair question.

2 comments:

julis said...

thanks, T. You look pretty, too, even if you change.

chelsea said...

I have like 27 cents sitting in my car. If anyone wanted to break into my car for that change, I feel sad for them.

And yes change is good. It makes you feel rich in a literal and a metaphorical philosophical rhetorical logical reasonable pensive way ;) I ran out of "al's"
Excellent thoughts, Tim! Thanks for sharing!