Friday, October 28

It's a small world after all!

Monday:  I go to the FHE ward activity, "dressed" as a gangsta.  I bring Jake Morris along.  There I see Dave Sparks (one of my best bud's older brothers.)  He invites me to go to a spook alley with a bunch of people from the ward.  One of those people is Lacey Thomlinson, from Dubois.  Then I see Stephanie Nickerson, as I'm talking to Cassy Bell (who we met and went to Taco Bell with 2 mondays ago=funny story too) and she (Stephanie) comes over to talk and I invited her to come, turns out Lacey already had.  Here's where the crazy connections begin to happen:
  • Steph(for short) knows lacey because they both grew up in little towns and just know each other.
  •  I know lacey cuz she was melissa's friend and you know everyone (especial all the LDSpeople) when you live in Dubois.
  • I met stephanie (or so i thought) about 2 months ago when I took Amy Baird on a date to see harry potter 7 part II.  Titain Sweeten took stephanie.  Amy and Stephanie recognized each other because "a long time ago" they had been on the same group date.
  • Jake used to work with Steph's older sister at the Hard Hat Cafe, and older sister had set up jake on a date with stephanie.  It was a group date. 
  • I was on that group date, but didn't realize it was the same one that Amy and Stephanie were talking about until said monday activities.
  • We're driving to the spook alley in Jeremy's truck.  Jeremy knows Stephanie, and apparently Lacey too (not sure how) but he knows Dax Thomlinson too (who was my best buddy in Dubois.)
  • Jeremy is one of my home teachers.
  • Rob Page is also with us.  His older brother knew Jeremy.  They talk about hydro seeding and such.  We make fun of them for talking about hydro seeding.


said baptism 

    those are just a few of the odd connections we made that night.  It was quite entertaining.  speaking of peculiar connections, a couple months ago I went to a baptism in IF with chelsea Izatt.  It was the baptism of a guy who lives in colorado but his friend goes to school here and she's the one who introduced him to the Gospel.  Said boy's bishop's daughter is rooming with chelsea Izatt's friend (they're both "hot shots" at maleluca)  and invited said friend to the baptism and to invite said chelsea to invite friends. I was invited by said chelsea.  Afterwords we went back to said friend and said bishop's daughters apartment for approximately 5 minutes.   on wednesday (yesterday) as i was playing volleyball on campus, a girl comes up to me and says "your name is Tim, right?" (man i love that when it happens! haha you feel so cool) I said yes.  turns out she is the other roommate of said friend and said bishops daughter who recognized me from said 5 approximate minutes.  There were more tangled web connections this week but i've forgotten them. i'll keep you updated (he says to himself.  no one else actually cares haha. . .or reads this. except for jesse. and mo. and catty. thanks guys! haha)
      

    3 comments:

    bearydiane said...

    I read it too! (Sherri)

    Timothy said...

    awesome! reader list up to 5. thanks auntie

    melissa said...

    woo, spooooky connections indeed.